Ramadan Night Markets (Lakemba)
Cuisine - Middle Eastern
Location - Lakemba
Tour length - 2.5 - 3 hours (6pm-8.30pm-ish) Specified Sunday evenings in June
Accessibility - Via train, car and bus
Walking effort - Medium
Food alert - Meat, gluten, chilli, dairy*
NOTE We cannot manage special any food requirements because of the nature of the tour
Suitable for - Vegetarian and Halal
What you can expect
This ultimate foodie adventure is diverse and delicious! Enjoy the festive fun and flavours of the Ramadan Night Markets. With an abundant offer of freshly made street food, generous and friendly vendors, and a party atmosphere as locals play host to a diversity of Ramadan guests, this tour is an annual treat.
This is far from your typical food tour! If you like exploring new cultures and communities and building relationships through food, then this is the experience for you. Let local guides share their secrets on the best places to eat, and experience new cuisine and shop for authentic dishes and ingredients.
- experiencing a selection of authentic cultural food
- local, friendly and knowledgeable tour guide
- meeting the business owners and hearing their stories
- learning about the local history, culture, and, of course, the food
- finding the places where the locals eat
- 2.5-hour guided cultural tasting tour
- tasting local specialties
- generous local food specialty tastings at cafes, restaurants and shops
- food equivalent to a generous meal (or more)
- visiting the best local shopping spot (with a TASTE bag provided for your new goodies!)
Eat for good!
Taste Tours celebrate a diverse Australia and are designed to build understanding across cultures through food.
We recruit, train and employee amazing local people with stories to share and we only support independent family-run businesses. We operate tours in sometimes surprising locations that we know are full of high quality food businesses. These are places that are largely undiscovered by non-locals, and often receive unfair media reporting. We aim to break down stereotypes and share the untold stories of food and culture.
You are supporting fantastic, vibrant local communities and businesses with every ticket you buy.
Food allergies, needs and
*All tours have a food alert. Please inform us beforehand of your needs, and where possible, we will organise alternative tastings for vegetarian, gluten free, no chilli and no pork, and many other common needs.
We will note any food requirements that we are unable to cater for on a particular tour.