The tour guide training process is an opportunity for both the potential tour guide and Taste Food Tours to try out the role and see if we are a good match.
Taste Food Tours are a social enterprise project which enables guide training to be funded from Taste Food Tours net profit. Potential guides are not paid to attend training and completion of training is not a guarantee of casual employment, whilst we do endeavour to work towards that outcome with all the potential guides.
This training is useful for those working in tourism, as well as for anyone studying to work with the public (teachers, social workers, lawyers, actors, etc.)
Guides are required to attend a familiarisation tour as well as completing on-the-ground assignments and to participate in paid on-the-job training as a support guide for a minimum of 2 x tours, prior to being paid as a tour guide.
- the desire to learn new skills related to tour guiding, food and culture.
- a love of food, meeting people, sharing information and stories about culture
- organisation and time management skills
- the availability to attend all TAFE Training days (Fridays, from 9:30am-2:30pm, from end of April to early June)
- an enthusiastic nature
IDEAL ADDITIONAL SKILLS, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- skills in speaking in front of small groups
- attention to detail
- being solution oriented, able to solve problems as required
- Dates: late April – early June
- Time:9:30AM –2:30PM
- Location: Bankstown TAFE
- COST: This course is fully subsidised for eligible participants
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Refugees, recent migrants, and local youth are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Download the form here and email it to us (follow instructions in the form)
Please pass on to your friends, family, and colleagues who might be interested! 🙂
Taste Cultural Food Tours is a charity and social enterprise which celebrates a diverse Australia and all profits are invested in training and employment programs for new refugees and migrants.
Our tours are designed to build understanding across cultures using food. All our tours are hosted by locals, trained by the Taste program, who are ‘in the know’ and who will show you the best places to eat and shop, and where to find those local hidden gems.
We support independent family-run businesses in sometimes surprising locations. We work in places that are largely undiscovered by anyone other than locals, and are often subjected to unfair media reporting.